Here at TrueSlamBook we tell it like it is. Yesterday we received an anonymous submission about a recent bamboozling that had taken place in Atlanta. This one hit close to home as it could happen to any of us on the team. With Social Media Phenoms being an emerging source for unique clothing, we had to bring this one to the forefront and make you aware.
Before we get into our take, take a look at what was sent in.
Now, lets get into the story as it was relayed.
- Atlanta Rapper Influence paid Cartier to make him a jacket for a concert.
- Influence paid half up front and was to pay the other half on delivery.
- Upon initial delivery, the jacket was an ill fit and alterations needed to be made. Said jacket was taken back by Cartier for the alterations to be executed. This took place on a Friday. Influence advised he was to receive the coat the following Tuesday.
- Tuesday came and went. Wednesday stopped bye then left. Thursday swung through and left. By Friday, Influence was over it and began to talk to his team about it.
- Friday morning the leak was sent to us.
As you take a moment to sip that tea, we’ll wait!
Okay! Now that you’re done lets talk! As of now, no statement has been made by Cartier Art. He has blocked Influence on Social Media and is refusing the reply back to text messages or emails.
Now, we aren’t one to take sides…….. However, we do have one question for Cartier Art. Is this how you run your business? You take from the very community and base of people who support you?
We will follow this case and keep you updated. Who knows what may happen as we hear Influence is not one to be played with……….